A few pictures I took on my way home. Click the thumbnails for bigger picture as well as a description. And excuse the quality of the images, they were taken with my mobile
Posts tagged: traffic
Today I was minding my own business at work when I noticed an article posted by Piticu about the traffic in Bucharest. I read it, as well as the one on realitatea.net, and I got mad. I hate people who do this kind of shit, without any trace of common sense, as if they would be alone on this earth. Unbelievable! I got so pissed off that I looked the guy’s company up (it’s a company car, it has a sticker with the name on its trunk), I found the contact emails and I wrote them an email. I tried to keep it polite though (it’s an approximate translation from romanian):
I am writing this message to let you know about the incredible lack of manners of one of your employees, the drive of the car with license plate: B-58-SZC. As you can see in the attached image (seen on realitatea.net) this driver has parked right on the tram line, blocking traffic for more than half an hour.
And when he finally decided to come back to his car, he drive off as if nothing happened. I admit never heard of your company so far but I really hope that you do not condone the behaviour of this, for the lack of a better word, idiot. It’s because of such insensitive clods that the Bucharest people, as well as romanians in general, get a really bad image.
I realize that this message will most likely be deleted but I will keep a certain amount of naivety and I hope that you will deal with this accordingly. As I mentioned before, this news was seen on realitatea.net from where it was posted on several romanian blogs. In case you are interested:
The image on realitatea.net:
Video on realitatea.net:
By the way, the company is Vincon Vrancea, wine producer. Let’s see where this leads to.
Being closely related to the previous post and considering that for the past 3 weeks I had the honor of using public transportation, I thought I’d share my personal rules about the whole thing. I had also invaluable insight from Freya, she is much more experienced in the subject at hand. So, here goes:
- Driver: if you are sleeping then better stay the hell home in bed instead of driving with 15km/h when the road is clear.
- Driver: the bus is not a matchbox you can shake whenever it pleases you, there are passagers inside. Don’t break like a madman, don’t accelerate suddenly, don’t break 20 times a minute.
- Driver: when you stop at the end of the line, open ALL doors so that people can get off, not only the front door.
- Passenger: for the love of God, wash yourself!
- Passenger: get your ticket, money or your wallet ready BEFORE you get on the bus, don’t start looking for your wallet in 10 your thousand bags with a line of people waiting behind you.
- Passenger: have a bit of respect and don’t yell when you talk with somebody else, on the phone or otherwise. Nobody wants to know what your mother in law did yesterday, nor how you bad you looked this morning when you woke up.
- Passenger: whenever possible, find out if this is the right bus for you BEFORE you get on it. Don’t make the people behind you wait while you discuss all kind of shit with the driver.
- Passenger: when the bus stops and the doors open, don’t just stand like a retard in front of the door blocking people! Get off or move away.
- Passenger: when you want to get on the bus, let people get off first. If they can’t get off, you can’t get in, simple. Think McFly! Think!
- Passenger: gotta say this again: Wash yourself!
Since 3 weeks my car is standing behind the house (got my driving license suspended for one month … :oops: maybe I’ll write about how it happened later on) which means on mondays and fridays, my commuting days, I am driving to/from work with a colleague. I am sitting on the right side, of course. Therefore I had more time to oberve what happens in traffic, small details which you miss when you are driving yourself. Reading another similar post about Common sense on the phone, I said I would post couple of personal common sense rules when driving. So, in random order:
- If you change the lane, signal!
- Signal BEFORE you change the lane.
- On the highway, drive on the right as much as possible. Left lane is for passing, not for driving with 90km/h and admiring the view
- Don’t slalom on the highway. If you see a slow truck on the right lane in front of you, don’t go on the right lane only to come back 2 seconds later on the left lane.
- Don’t break 20 times a minute! Keep your distance and break only if necessary, otherwise just take your foot off the accelerator.
- At a stoplight, don’t be an idiot and flash/honk the guy in front of you the nanosecond it’s green.
- Don’t sit on the left lane if you want to make a right, and the other way around.
That’s all I can think of right now.